RABBIT RAVIOLIS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
Ingredients (4 people amount):
Dough: 100 g (3.52 oz- 0.22 lb) of durum-wheat semolina , 150 g ( 5.28 oz- 0.33 lb) of 00 wheat flour , 3 eggs , 100 g (3.52 oz- 0.22 lb) of butter
Filling: 2 rabbit hind-legs , 100 g (3.52 oz- 0.22 lb) of rabbit loin , 1 shallot , 3 spoons of extra-virgin olive-oil , 2 laurel leaves ,1 big sprinkle of nutmeg ,1 glass of dry white wine , 1 cup of broth , 3 little pieces of butter , salt, pepper , 100 g (3.52oz- 0.22 lb) of grated seasoned Parmesan cheese , 2 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar
Sauce: 50 g (1.76 oz- 0.11 lb) of pine-seeds, 20 olives (better if Taggiasche) , 1 tuft of parsley , 3 spoons of extra-virgin olive-oil , 3 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar , salt
1) Prepare the dough mixing all ingredients and let it settle while working on the filling.
2) Mince rabbit meat and let it fry slightly in a frying-pan with oil (3 spoons), laurel, nutmeg and minced shallot.
3) Add wine and Balsamic Vinegar, let alcohol evaporate then continue cooking incorporating broth. At the end of cooking, the mixture shall be without fluids but not too dry.
4) Take the mixture and mix it up with Parmesan cheese. The filling should be soft and malleable.
5) Roll out the dough quite thin and form many little discs (with a glass or a stamp). Close raviolis filling each one of them with a spoon of rabbit filling and a slice of olive (wash olives and stone them earlier).
6) Boil raviolis in abundant salt water. When they come to the surface, cooking time has expired.
7) Prepare the sauce mincing the olives left over, parsley, pine-seeds. Season with salt, pepper, Balsamic Vinegar and oil. Pour it into a frying-pan and warm it.
8) Cooked raviolis must be joined to warm sauce and fried quickly before serving.
Acetaia Terra del Tuono s.r.l. - via Monzani 5 - 42122 Corticella (RE) - T. +39 0522 343317 - F. +39 0522 0522342435 - p.IVA 02886600366