PEA SOUP WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR OF MODENA
Ingredients (4 people amount) :
250 g (8.82 oz- 0.55 lb) of dried split peas , 50 g (1.76 oz- 0.11 lb) of smoked bacon , 1 leek , salt, pepper , 1 high-quality stock cube , 1 half glass of dry white wine , 30 g (1.06 oz- 0.066 lb) of butter , 3 spoons of extra-virgin olive-oil , 2 bread slices , 2 garlic cloves , 2 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
1) Brown leek, cut to very thin slices, on the bottom of a pressure cooker with 20 g (0.704 oz- 0.044 lb) of butter and 2 spoons of oil. Add water and let the leek fry slightly until it becomes transparent.
2) Add bacon cut to very thin pieces and let it roast brown.
3) Wash peas under running water, then combine them with leek and bacon.
4) Salt and pepper. Add stock cube and as much water as it needs. Close the pressure cooker with its hermetic sealing and let it on fire for about 30 minutes.
5) When cooking time has almost expired, rub bread slices just on one side with garlic, cut them to dice and let them brown in a saucepan with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena oil and butter left over to obtain crispy croutons.
6) At the end of cooking time, open pressure cooker, emulsify the contents with a mixer and put soup into four soup plates.
7) Add croutons and decorate soup with oil drops and a sprinkle of pepper. Serve immediately
Acetaia Terra del Tuono s.r.l. - via Monzani 5 - 42122 Corticella (RE) - T. +39 0522 343317 - F. +39 0522 0522342435 - p.IVA 02886600366