MALTAGLIATI WITH SPECK AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR OF MODENA
Ingredients (4 people amount):
320 g (11.27 oz- 0.705 lb) of egg pasta such as maltagliati or straccetti , 500 g (17.6 oz- 1.1 lb) of Savoy cabbage , 200 g (7.05 oz- 0.44 lb) of mild speck , 2 cups of flesh broth , butter, salt, pepper , 2 laurel leaves , 3 spoons of extra-virgin olive-oil , 100 g (3.52 oz- 0.22 lb) of Parmesan cheese , 2 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
1) Wash and clean Savoy cabbage and cut it to little strips. Scald it in boiling salt water.
2) Put a saucepan onto the fire and warm up oil, laurel and three little pieces of butter.
3) Cut speck to thin strips, let it half-cook in the saucepan. Strain off the water from Savoy cabbage and then add it to speck.
4) Let the cooking go on and add flesh broth if speck dries too much.
5) In the meanwhile, boil pasta in abundant salt water. By the middle of pasta cooking time, strain off water from it and add it to the mixture cooking in the saucepan.
6) Cook pasta for the time remaining and add broth if it needs.
7) At the end of cooking add Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and grated Parmesan cheese. Take the saucepan off from fire and season pasta with a little piece of butter. Serve immediately.
Acetaia Terra del Tuono s.r.l. - via Monzani 5 - 42122 Corticella (RE) - T. +39 0522 343317 - F. +39 0522 0522342435 - p.IVA 02886600366