FALLOW-DEER STEW WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR OF MODENA
Ingredients (4 people amount) :
800 g (28.18 oz- 1.76 lb) of fallow-deer leg
1 glass of dry white wine
1 tuft of parsley
1 stem of celery
1 sprig of thyme
10 juniper berries
4 laurel leaves
2 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
1 glass of extra-virgin olive-oil
4 pieces of butter
4 spoons of 00 wheat flour
200 g (7.04 oz- 0.44 lb) of high-quality flesh broth
1) Take a frying-pan and fry slightly minced carrot, onion and celery with a piece of butter and a spoon of oil. Add some broth and the whole glass of wine.
2) Add Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, thyme, laurel, parsley, pepper grains and juniper berries to the cooking sauce. Squeeze lemon and pour juice into the frying-pan. Check salt and pepper level.
3) Remove the frying-pan from fire, and when the sauce cools down pour it into a bowl containing the fallow-deer leg.
4) Keep in a cool place and let meat pickle in the marinade about 48 hours.
5) Warm up 3 spoons of oil and 3 pieces of butter in a saucepan. Brown there the meat tied up as a roast. Salt and pepper.
6) Cook meat on a brisk fire, and when it browns, sprinkle it with sieved flour and add some spoons of marinade sauce.
7) Keep on cooking on a slow fire, pouring some broth from time to time to keep meat tender.
Acetaia Terra del Tuono s.r.l. - via Monzani 5 - 42122 Corticella (RE) - T. +39 0522 343317 - F. +39 0522 0522342435 - p.IVA 02886600366